It is definitely a time to pay attention, be proactive, and take necessary and wise precautions to care for ourselves, our families, friends and those we don’t even know.
This is about being awake, aware. and mindful– not afraid. Very important! Fear suppresses the immune system.
Here are some quick & dirty practices to implement and things to keep in mind:
- Keep our hands thoroughly washed and off our face. Especially after touching public surfaces.
- Use your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Open public doors with your elbow, fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, if possible.
- Use a paper towel to touch faucets in public bathrooms and to exit the door of a public bathroom. (What’s the use if you wash your hands but then touch the faucet again to turn it off or open the door to exit?)
- Stay out of public places if not feeling well!
- Keep surfaces at home clean.
- By all means do not cough or sneeze on someone else–ever!
- Educate ourselves about taking our health and well being into our own hands.
Here are a few of my top suggestions for super helpful Immunity-boosting and antiviral supplements:*
- Raw garlic.
- Zinc/zinc lozenges (Zinc gluconate)
- about 50mg/day for tablets for right now*
- 100mg/day with any symptoms
- Glutathione: (take as directed)
- Glutathione is known as the “Master Antioxidant.” It decreases as we age and it’s super awesome for our immune system (as well as liver detox, etc). I take it every day after my sauna.
- Vit D
- 10,000 IU/day
- Almost everyone is deficient– ask your healthcare professional about what you need for a regular daily dose.
- 250 mg/day
Some general healthy-immune system practices & tips:
- If you can, get outdoors for 20-30 minutes/day to absorb direct and/or indirect sunlight. The best times are before 9:00 a.m. and after 3:00 p.m. in the winter, or after 6:00 p.m. in the summer.
- Try to practice allowing the full-spectrum sunlight to enter your eyes by not wearing sunglasses during this time (don’t look into the sun, of course). The sun is the most powerful immune system builder!
- If you can, put yourself in or near oxygen-rich environments such as oceans, forests, running streams, or greenhouses—and breathe deeply!
- Drink plenty of clean, filtered water.
- Go barefoot!
- Also known as “earthing,” barefoot connection with the Earth helps keeps us healthy and well, on every level.
- Eat lots of antioxidant-rich organic fruits and veggies.
- Drink freshly juiced organic green juice. (try not to avoid fruit– too much sugar suppresses the immune system).
- Wheatgrass juice is THE best!
- Avoid microwaved and fried foods– they also suppress the immune system!
- Get moderate exercise and plenty of sleep.
- Meditate and Pray.
- Keep a smile on your face, practice Gratitude, surround yourself with love & positivity, spend time doing things that bring you joy, and laugh lots!!
- Reduce stress in general.
- If you have access to a private sauna–preferably an infrared sauna— use it daily!
- Watch, read, listen to and ingest positive images, words, thoughts, music, and information.
Stay well and healthy, my friends! And if you have any questions, please let me know.
*These supplement dosages were compiled under the guidance & expertise of Brett Hall, R.D.
*And “for right now” means during the Coronavirus outbreak
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for both NanoNutra Supplements and the Amazon products on this page. Please know… I don’t recommend products because I’m an affiliate. I’m an affiliate because I figure if I’ve done the research and want to bring attention to products or tools that I LOVE, find helpful, or feel are head and shoulders above the rest… why not also hopefully make a few bucks in the process? : ) Thank you SO much for your support!